What should I consider before hiring a music publicist? (To help!)

Targeted phone number list here talk
zahidhasan10

What should I consider before hiring a music publicist? (To help!)

Post by zahidhasan10 »

There's no denying the value of having a publicist on your side. Today's music publicists double as digital strategists, often playing a key role in the actual distribution of new releases (through exclusive premieres, for example). They have the pulse of how fans and the industry discover and respond to artists, and keep tabs on that artist's overall brand.

Over the years, however, paid advertising has earned the false C级执行名单 reputation of being a be-all-end-all device for how to achieve overnight success. Too many one-off stories of bands exploding with just a few well-timed media placements, combined with a common misunderstanding of how the entire industry process – marketing, A&R, editorial know-how and growth strategy – even works, led bands to invest in ad campaigns too early , for too much money, or with too high expectations. And any kind of disappointing experience will often leave bands feeling like they've made a big mistake and be hesitant to try again later, even at times when they could really benefit from a publicist.

That's why I wanted to demystify the process of hiring a publicist and cover some of the considerations you might want to make before looking for one. But before I do, if you're really serious about your next promotional campaign, your branding and your media presence, Soundfly has a team of mentors ready to help you and get you ready to take on your next big PR. lift. Check out the Headliners Club and tell them what your musical goals are here so they can help you take your career to the next level!